Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Love it! Bottle caps.


I recently ran across making these while joining a swap with the lovely Pea's over at Two Peas in a Bucket and I LOVE them!!!. I have officially decided that they will be added to my list of boy embellishments. The choices are endless with what you can do with them and how you can make them. I picked owls and butterflies for my swap but, the owls could easily go on any of my boy pages! I also used wooden beads for the jewelry dangle which also adds to the boy effect.

Overall very cheap. I bought 100 bottlecaps on ebay for $8.00, bottle of Glossy Accents by Ranger, some beads and findings (pack of headpins and a pack of jump rings) on sale at Hobby Lobby and my total there was $19.00. I also bought the optional 1 inch epoxy stickers on Ebay for $12.00 which I ended up not using. That comes out to about 28 cents per bottle cap. Not too bad in my book and they are all customizable.


 
I was thinking that I could put a dino, rocket, a mushroom, or text... There are so many possibilities and I will most definitely be back with more of these and I think a beginner tutorial. I am definitely a beginner at these but, I will do my best and refer to some more experienced bottle cappers.

Here are a few more I found over at Craftster Forum. The ideas are flowing.

If you have a page or project with bottlecaps let me know I would be glad to direct your way!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

What do people use over the top of the image to seal them?

leslie said...

That is what the Glossy Accents is for. You can use Gem-Tac I believe or Diamond Glaze. But, next time I am using the 1 inch epoxy stickers!

Post a Comment